VIBE HCM Reporting Requirements Analyst
Department: Data & Reporting Services
The Reporting Requirements Analyst is a key resource for analyzing client reporting requirements for new client implementations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Evaluate each report request, verify whether the request may already be answered in another report, whether the request is valid, the possibility of getting the request completed, and estimate time for completion.
• Communicate with external clients to clarify reporting needs and specifications.
• Develop and maintain Crystal Reports requirement documents for external requests from clients, and internal requests from various departments.
• Perform metric definition and measurement for specific internal data and functions within the organization. • Identify gaps in data provided by Vibe relative to the client’s current solution.
• Complete special projects and ad hoc reporting analysis to support decision making.
• Deliver analyses to the Reporting Team in a consistent, clear manner to maximize the Report Team’s effectiveness. • Monitor and maintain reporting team queue within Sales Force.
• Act as primary lead and QA tester for both internal and external reporting cases as needed.
• Lead or assist in other assigned projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT or other related functions from an accredited college or university
• Working knowledge of report writing experience a plus
• Intermediate skills in Microsoft Excel, including built-in functions for performing aggregate calculations, string manipulation, value lookups, data linking, etc.
• Beginner to Intermediate skills in SQL, including the ability to write queries and perform complex data manipulation tasks
• Prior experience in the SaaS industry strongly desired
• Prior experience with Crystal Reports or front-end BI tools strongly desired
Competencies for Success
• Data Collection and Analysis: Resourceful in collecting and aggregating data; Skilled in analysis and diagnostics of data to develop and implement best solution
• Analytical Thinking: Approaches problems logically; Provides meaningful analyses through verbal and written presentations; Uses discretion and independent judgment to solve complex problems
• Verbal Communication: Effective negotiation, persuasion and diplomacy tact to work closely with both internal project team members and external clients
• Detailed Oriented: Detailed analysis skills for diagnosing, trouble-shooting and correcting bugs and errors
• Initiative: Self-starter with strong sense of ownership and ability to work from a team-owned queue of work tasks
Work Environment and Physical Demands The work environment and physical demands are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate in an office setting.
The employee is frequently required to be in a stationary position and regularly use the computer keyboard and mouse and will view the computer monitor frequently. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential job functions.
Other duties will be assigned as the above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Vibe HCM is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send cover letter along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job title in the subject line.